Monday, November 30, 2009

EXHIBITION IN A BOX: A LEGO MAN'S LIFE

Nathan Sawaya "The Brick Artist"
I hope my skill with lego matches my ambition because, at this point in my life, its probably been around 8 years since I actually sat down and played with lego. I figure it won't be too hard, but what I want to do may be a little more difficult then making a sick space cruiser or lego mansion. Creating a sort of chronology of a man whose entire body is made of lego is an intimidating venture. I really don't know how I will go about it exactly. It could go a number of ways. The most obvious being the reconstruction of the life of the iconic lego minifig. That idea is tempting but I really want to push myself and try to explore lego as an art form. Simply using little lego dudes and their little cars, gear and so-forth seems a bit cheap. The implementation of some sort of overarching postmodern theme or ideal is pretty challenging too. I haven't really thought of that part yet. Guess it might be KIND OF important. Dont worry. I'll think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment